Travelling to India can be most enjoyed only when one is fully ready with all the travel gear that is required during ones visit to India. There are various small and important things that one often forgets and hence have tried to collect the list of essential packing items required before you checkout for your trip.
Travel Clothes and Wearing Items Checklist
- A pair of towels
- Shorts and trousers (should be cotton)
- Long length cotton skirts for girls
- Woollens to wear if visiting cold regions
- Extra cotton underwear
- Extra light Cotton T-shirts
- Slippers and/or sandals if visiting holy spots or otherwise too for bathing, travel etc.
- Raincoat and hat for rainy areas
General Usage Items Packing Checklist
- Toilet Paper soaps
- Mosquito repellent cream
- A pair of cotton Bed Sheets
- A multipurpose Swiss knife would be very helpful
- Shaving kit
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Umbrella for hot or rainy regions
- Sunscreen lotions
- Takeaway Water Bottles
- Digital Camera
- Charger and batteries
- Lip guard and crack creams
- Light pillow for neck rest in case of long tiring journeys
- Face and hand wipes
- Mobile with FM/torch
- Eye Masks may be required
- Ear plugs
- Small handy tour bag to carry out things of requirements
- First aid kit for immediate remedy with nail clippers, syringes, needles, pocket knife, disposable gloves, thermometer for quick reference.
- Medicines for cough and cold, most useful are pseudoephedrine tablets (Sudafed) and cough syrups (Tossex, Linctus Codeine).
- Antibiotic ointments (Neosporin) for cuts etc., Band-Aids, sterile gauze, surgical adhesive tape, corn pads, cotton-wool buds.
- Medicine for diarrhoea (Imodium, Lomotil) and an upset stomach (Gelusil) is also must.
- Pain-relieving medicines, such as paracetamol, aspirin or ibuprofen (Crocin, Disprin).
- Chapsticks and vaseline will be useful for colder climates; and a steroid cream (Eumosome) is helpful in curing the itching caused by insect bites.
- Anti-infective ointments such as cetrimide.
- Motion sickness medications are very helpful at times, such as dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) and anti-nausea drug promethazine (Phenergan).
- Dusting powder for feet against fungal attack.
- Decongestants and antihistamines drugs (Avil, Benadryl) for treating allergies in case these arise.
- Contraceptive Tabs and Condoms.
Important Travel Documents Checklist
The above mentioned are some of the most recommended packing list that should be checked before moving out for your travel in India. Please note that this list may change as per the requirements and health statuses of an individual and should not be considered to be applicable for all tourists.
- Passport and VISA papers along with separate photo copies.
- Contact persons and their names along with their round the clock numbers.
- Confirmed air tickets for travel to various regions.
- Rightly filled up vouchers of tour operator if any along with all service details.
- Confirmation faxes and e-mails from tour operators, hotels and other service providers already booked.
- All confirmed hotels names, phone numbers and addresses.
- Complete detailed information on itinerary, sights, and important spots of assistance.
- Spare and extra passport sized photographs are sometimes required.
- Driving (International) license.
Top 10 in India
India Travel Spots can provide you with more on Travel Checklist India Travel Packing Checklist.